Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Rivers Festival

Howdy folks, we are in Fort Wayne, and everyone is having a blast! We are set up at the Three Rivers Festival in downtown Fort Wayne. This is the second largest festival in the state and is known for its food alley area were you can buy everything from deep fried Twinkies to roasted corn and everything in between. I will be headed over there later this week to try some of these Fort Wayne favorites.

We have new musicians performing on tour with us for the next few weeks and they are Patricia Vonne and Rosie Flores directly from San Antonio, Texas. From the very first song they sang the crowd really enjoyed our new music. We had one fan that was enjoying herself so much she actually grabbed me and asked me to dance with her! Since the tour started I am becoming a pro at two-stepping, so I jumped right on in and had a blast with my dancing partner. I have to admit that I had a great time but I did step on her feet a few times - oops! We both had a good laugh and she said she would be back next week for another round of dancing.

The kayaks are a big hit with people of all ages and they just keep coming to try them out. We had a Yee-Haw contest this weekend and the winners were two small children about 5 years old. Who knew they could yell so loud!? Well I have to get back to work now but I will have more stories from Fort Wayne to share soon!

Contact Us TravelTex.com Home
The Official Site of Texas Tourism 2010 Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism. All rights reserved.